Yin yoga is based on some old Chinese body exercises and meridian theories. As the dynamic yang yoga concentrates on muscles the yin yoga also gives the joints, tendons and energy orbits the needed attention. The movements in yin yoga affect in the parts of the body where the connective tissue is the densest, for example in the back and hip areas. The positions, asanas, have an opening effect and are held for several minutes at the time.
The long and deep stretch-like asanas hydrate the connective tissues which causes the body to recover naturally and the movements become less painful. Yin yoga also boosts metabolism and energy gain. The yin yoga asanas won't focus on exessive streching and are done by using different assistance equipment to ensure the total relaxation of the muscles. The asanas can be modified to individual needs which makes the class suitable for everyone. If you have any physical limits, please let the instructor know so they can help you customise the asanas for you. Participating doesn't require any earlier experience from yoga.
Instructor: Eva Estlander.
What to bring: comfortable clothes. A yoga mat and other equipment is offered to you in the studio.
When: Mondays at 18:15–19:30.
Price: 16€ (swimming 10€ when purchasing a wellness ticket) or 5x series ticket 85€ (only available at Allas Shop. The series ticket price includes an entry to the pools and saunas.)
Please take a note of:
• Each instructor designs their own classes by theirselves therefore offering variations to the classes' content. Variating allows to find new dimentions on excercising.
• Some classes are more intense than the others.
• Remember to give yourself time during more challenging excercises – practice makes perfect!
• Everyone is welcome to our classes no matter the starting level. The atmosphere in our classes is playful and open. Supporting the overall well-being of the body and mind is the most important thing!
Benefits of our weekly wellness classes:
• Adding and boosting the total well-being of both mind and body
• The strengthening and enhanced flexibility of the body
• Improves the ability to focus
• Improves the fluid circulation of the body